Sunday, December 7, 2008

Truthiness

I don't believe I have missed one episode of The Daily Show for at least four years. For The Colbert Report, I got on board only about a half year ago.

Sadly, this is where I get most of my news.

I doubt anyone will find this blog, and that is fine. But I decided to start reviewing the guests for both shows.

Here are my "rules" so far:

~If a guest promotes a book, I read it.
~If a guest promotes a movie, I see it.
~If a guest is on a TV show, I watch it for a period of time to be determined upon the frequency of the show.
~If they are an artist (such as a musical guest), I will listen to their latest CD if they don't promo a specific one.

Sometimes, Colbert will have a 'mini-guest' (someone who sits at his desk nearer to the start of the show), and this person may also have something to promo. I will have two assignments in that case.

I came up with this idea in late October, so I have kept a list of the guests since then. Some of the books are surprisingly difficult to locate at the library. I am on many hold lists.

My first review is coming soon.

Stay tuned for the truthiness.