Sunday, December 14, 2008

Role Models - Paul Rudd on The Daily Show

On 11/6/08, Paul Rudd came on The Daily Show to promo his new move Role Models.

I have watched this movie and gave it a 3/5. Such an arbitrary system, this ranking by numbers. Who knows what one means for one person and so on.

The movie stars Seann William Scott of American Pie fame. Paul Rudd was the other main star. I simply LOVED him in 40 Year Old Virgin. Christopher Mintz (McLovin!!!), Jane Lynch (her comic timing is superb), Bobb'e J. Thompson, and Elizabeth Banks round out the cast.

It has more than earned the R rating. It is crud, people. This is not for kids!

The two stars are forced into a mentorship program after crashing the company truck. Well, there is a bit more to that, but that is the jest.

Christopher and Bobb'e (really? Your name has an apostrophe in it?) are the two children they mentor. The former is heavily involved in live action role play, and the latter is potty-mouthed problem child.

Hilarity ensues.

Ok, I didn't mean that to sound so sarcastic. There are actually many LOL moments. Wow... did I just type "LOL moments"? I hate that. Oh well, it was funny, heart warming... sort of. Anyway, for me, the funniest parts were the interactions between Seann, Paul, and Jane.

I do recommend the movie and I will watch it again. So, if you are looking for some laughs with a movie that you don't have to turn on the brain power for, this is a fun one.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

I will probably end up watching this tonight after I catch up on the Survivor finale! :)