Sunday, December 14, 2008

Frost/Nixon - Ron Howard on The Daily Show

Just watched this one last night, people.

Hmmm.

I would love to say that "Wow, guys... this is a perfect retelling of the infamous post-Watergate interviews between Nixon and, talk show host, David Frost."

But... I just don't know. I was alive during this time period, but I was much more interested in this:



Here is what I can say about this film. I will not be surprised at all if it wins multilple academy awards. Why? Well, the acting for one thing. The facial expressions that Frank Langella makes during his final interviews... you can read all the pain as though he is truly experiencing it.

I actually had a dream about my best friend because of this movie. Back in the 80s, she and I had a big arguement about Nixon and whether he was really a 'bad man', as we put it. I was on the side of 'not as bad as everyone makes him out to be'. This shocking revelation was based on me hearing my Dad say that. I had nothing to back it up.

While I lack credibility in discussing the nuances of the Nixon regime, I can say that I was drawn into the movie and it made me want to understand more. Isn't that the sign of a good artistic endevour? One that inspires one to continue to learn?

I give the movie a 5/5.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Love the Mil. Falcon pic- that's awesome.

Good review! :)